Light-O-Rama Forums

Horder

columbus27

As I start to pack up my Christmas stuff. I realized I am a Christmas hoarder. I have stuff in my basement that I used in my first display that I know I would never use again. So this year my goal is to get rid of some of the things I never use. The Good Will is going to like me.

I might. But most of my stuff is like those cheap wireless controllers blow molds and and inflatables. Sometimes it is easier to give away than get low balled

Drew I'll get you some photo's this weekend

I would be interested in blow molds also, My yard is very full of them. Some I need to replace due to sun damage and then there is always room for more, especially since I moved the Santa, Sleigh and eight reindeer up to my roof this past season.

Please keep me informed.

And I am not a hoarder as I still use everything in my display since I started back in the 90's except for the stuff that is to damaged to use, those I throw away. I just find different ways to display it all to keep the viewers interested.

I'm finding I have to fight the hoarding tendency too. Had some wire frame deer I knew I wouldn't use and hauled them to Goodwill. Had a couple thousand lights that I didn't like how they faded and gave them to some neighbors. Still haven't been able to part with all the many inflatables that my new yard is too small to handle. I did lend one to a friend. I'll probably get rid of them after next season.

I'm finding I have to fight the hoarding tendency too. Had some wire frame deer I knew I wouldn't use and hauled them to Goodwill. Had a couple thousand lights that I didn't like how they faded and gave them to some neighbors. Still haven't been able to part with all the many inflatables that my new yard is too small to handle. I did lend one to a friend. I'll probably get rid of them after next season.

Yes those inflatables have a small footprint but they can block your display.

I call first on a manger sceen blow mold if you have one.

I have a partial set. The oldest broke some when he threw it in the crawlspace.

I 'm looking for an old broken blow mold of Santa in a sleigh and some Reindeer to go with him. I wanna replicate the National Lampoon Christmas Vacation blowmolds. My co-workers call me Clark already, so I thought I'd run with part of it.

I had a similar experience this year. Before I started tear-down of my display, I went through and cleaned out all of my storage bins and got rid of anything that I have not used in the display in the last two years. I had two storage containers full of new lights that I parted with to two of the members on here who were looking for lights. I also took a whole bunch of stuff to Goodwill and now most of my display is now put away, with the exception of all my tangled-up extension cords and super-strings that need to be taken apart and replaced with new strings.

• The topic was locked