Light-O-Rama Forums

Testing SS Sequences

indi

I read I think through all the treads and couldn't find this answer, or maybe just don't remember.

I was wondering if I can testing a sequence I created in the SuperStar without exporting it into the LOR sequence Editor? I would like to test them with the CCP mega tree before exporting. Can this be done?

Thanks

Unless I missed something, the SSE can not control the lights. Thus the only way to see it 'live' is to export to the Sequence Editor and test from there.

As Don indicated the only difference between the free demo version and the paid versions is the ability to export the sequence to be played by the Sequence Editor. So to export a sequence you have created you must purchase a license.

The only sense in which you can "test" a sequence from SuperStar is that you can download the free "Boughs of Holly" sequence for 4 CCRs from my web site. The purchased sequences can be exported by the free demo version so long as you have not modified or added to the effects in the sequence. You could download the sequence, export it and play the sequence to 4 of your CCPs.

Thanks Don and Brian. I was hoping to skip a step. Well you got to do what you got to do. I do have a 24 CCR license. I'm looking forward in using it to the fullest. First year of doing this.

Thanks again

I guess I've done something dumb. I created a sequence in SS and exported it to the LOR sequence editor where I created a pixel mega tree. I've started out with the CCR controller starting @ 04 and down the line. I plan on have 4 CCR controllers. In my LOR sequence editor I also have created a fan, but it will be controlled by the LOR controller 3. But when I play the sequence in the editor, I've noticed that some segments of the fan are also playing. I must have something messed up some where. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

You can run SuperStar in "CCR mode" or in "Visualization mode." If you have not imported a visualization then you are in CCR mode. If you have imported a visualization then you are in "Visualization mode."

In CCR mode the unit IDs of the CCRs are set by clicking on the Tools menu and selecting Configuration.

In Visualization mode the unit ID information is obtained from the Visualization.

Which mode are you running in? Since you are seeing segments of the fan playing it indicates that the unit ID of one of you CCRs has been set to 03.

Brian:

I used your sample Vis_24x25Tree_4RowGlobe to build a sequence. I really liked the set up, but I guess I have to build my own in the LOR visualizer the import it into the SuperStar. Or is there away to exsport you Tree into the LOR visualizer?

The file "Vis_24x25Tree_4RowGlobe.lee" was created in the LOR Visualizer. Launch the visualizer, click on the file menu and select "Open", navigate to the "Samples" folder and you will find the file "Vis_24x25Tree_4RowGlobe.lee". Open the file and you will see it in the visualizer.

When using an imported visualization file SuperStar gets the unit ID information from the visualization file. So if you want to change the unit IDs you change it in the visualization.

Where I made one mistake, I was trying to get your prop (tree with globe) from the SS visualizer into the LOR visualizer. I now know I have to got the other way. From the LOR visualizer to the SS visualizer.

I think.

Thanks