Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for C7/C9 Pixel/Node Covers

bob_moody

I'm in the process of rebuilding the Merry Christmas sign that got destroyed on Christmas day. It was using C9 incans and we are wanting to update.

I have two basic options..

1. Buy the C7/C9 Retro LED's from Jeff at Illumimax

2. Use RGB nodes (no real need for pixels) ...

Here is the problem.. I want to put faceted covers over the nodes.

Does anyone have a spare faceted clear C7 and C9 cover I could beg, borrow, steal or buy? I just need 1 of each to figure out how this is going to work...

What I have discovered is that the C7 covers supposedly have an 8mm hole and the C9 a 12mm hole. I really wanted the C7's but cant find a node that i think would work .. so it will probably have to be the C9 covers...

It seems even nodes state to be 8mm are talking about the LED and not the body where the cover would fit.. If anyone else knows differently .. PLEASE SHARE !!!

Thanks for looking ..

Bob

Bob,

Donny Carter posted a video a few months ago (I don't remember if it was here or another forum - maybe Facebook) of how he uses faceted covers with his pixel nodes. I believe they were C9. They really worked quite well. Hopefully he'll see this thread and post a link for you.

Edited by George Simmons

Great George.. Thank you ...

It seems the more research the worse it gets.. I'm from Texas .. not Missouri .. but .. somebody's gotta "SHOW ME" .. LOL ..

Appreciate the reply ..

Bob

George,

I found Donny on YouTube.. I signed in and was able to send him a message..

Hope to hear from him .. Thanks again for the lead ..

Bob

Hi Bob. I am in a similar situation. I have C9 retros from both CDI and Illumimax and like the look, and wanted to see if I could get something similiar with rgb nodes and a bulb cover. I ordered these clear faceted C9 bulb covers from Ray to put on various dumb rgb nodes and pixels from him. I think I have a bag of the C7 type as well, that I bought for testing. I have spare and can send you some. Send me a PM with your info.

Don't know if this helps but, most c9 LED strings (the ones I got from HD did) are made up of a 5mm LED with a c9 cover similar to the one Ray sells.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

No excuse here but I got side tracked and honestly forgot about this thread.

At the moment I have abandoned the pixel and cover idea and I'm looking into using the 26mm pixels to create each dot in the letters.

Thank you to everyone for the replies and especially for the offers to send me a couple for testing.

Y'all are the BEST!!!

Bob

• The topic was locked