Light-O-Rama Forums

Need design ideas for 2013 - have a lot of space to work with.

Klayfish

Ooooh, I really like this. My wife liked it too, I think a grid is in the works for 2013 for us. How tall are those 4 megatrees on the one side? How'd you make them?

The five tree are 11 feet tall. Steel 3/4 with flange on top and the I put a piece of 2/4 attached to the flange. I put 8 screws on the 2x4 which has 8 channels of white with 2 channels of red,green and multi. These are called super strings were you would put all four colors together and zip tie them. Hope this helps and if you need the sequence just email at big,trafficman@gmai.com

Jeff

Now THAT is a mega-tree!!

The mega tree is 30 feet tall and has 64 super strings on it. I used a tower and installed 3 pipes in the ground in concrete. I will check for some pictures of it going up this year. There are several tall mega tree's that make mine look small. Randall Roberts display at andrewschristmas.com helped me get started over 5 years ago. The family loved his setup so I contacted him to get as close as I could to what he did. It has been a hit....

Jeff

This would have been a great song to show everything this year. Wish I had the bucket truck when I filmed. I was 300 yards aways in the back of th truck on a 10 foot ladder. New camera that I could not find auto focus to turn off. LOL

Jeff

I work with a ~100' wide open field on my display. I just turn it into a forest of PVC trees as a backdrop and stage scenes throughout. Note that only about a 30' swath is an LOR show, the rest is static - I put ~190 channels & 36,000 lights into that small segment, and throw up about 45,000 static lights over the rest of the display. The other segments are the dog scene, snowman & toy scene, and the boat & pond scene. Just a different thought of looking at a big open area - Static goes up much quicker than LOR stuff to cover the large area, while still getting the awesomeness of an LOR show.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=405313029547223&set=a.405311972880662.96533.149952898416572&type=3&permPage=1