Light-O-Rama Forums

Collins Christmas Corner

Jo Collins

This is our 27th year doing our Christmas display. We have an acre corner lot to play with. We have enjoyed sequencing with LOR for 2 years now and loved every minute. Thanks to the wealth of information and wonderful people here & at PC we have learned ALOT! Working on next season already :) Our main show elements are a 20' blue/white mega tree, 2 12' grn/rd/wht trees, 19 dancing packages, Believe sign, dancing notes. and more. Using over 145 channels LOR and lost count of lights and extension cords. My daughter is working on a website that includes our Christmas display information and videos. (a work in progress) http://collinsfamilycreations.wordpress.com/home/the-collins-christmas-corner/pictures-of-christmas-past/ Please enjoy and Happy Sequencing

Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing those. How did you make or where did you get the musical notes? I like those a lot.

Beautiful display.

Can you tell me how you constructed the music notes? Those look like a great potential addition to our show.

Aaron

Thanks...I made the music notes out of plywood. They are about 2' high. Made custom light strings for each note. I am planning on taking them down tomarrow. I will get some day shots of them and get them on here asap.

Your mega trees are some of the best I've seen! Very well done! And a great sequence to the disney 'i believe' thing.......takes me back....

Next year, have plans to upgrade the mega tree bigtime.

Your mega trees are some of the best I've seen! Very well done! And a great sequence to the disney 'i believe' thing.......takes me back....

Next year, have plans to upgrade the mega tree bigtime.

Thank you, I would love to add wht spirals to my red/grn trees next year. You can tell I love Disney almost as much as I love Christmas. Good luck with your 2013 tree!

Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing those. How did you make or where did you get the musical notes? I like those a lot.

Thanks for taking time to watch :) My daughter wanted to somehow do something with music notes. Thought about it for some time and decided to make a music tree out on the corner oak. Told Aaron I would get some daytime pics up as soon as I could. Basic wood cut outs. We are glad you like them.

Beautiful display.

Can you tell me how you constructed the music notes? Those look like a great potential addition to our show.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

The files were too big to put on here but I uploaded some of them onto our web page. Scroll to the bottom of the page. http://collinsfamilycreations.wordpress.com/home/the-collins-christmas-corner/how-do-you-do-that/. To give you an idea of the size, there is a pic of the entire element. The star is 7.5' tall and is 10' above ground. We have rebar supports attached to the oak tree on both sides to hold the notes in place. (We get some pretty nasty storms up here.) The notes are about 2' tall. I have 4 triple and 2 more dbls to finish next year. They will be on stakes in the foreground bushes. I sketched them out on 1/2" & 3/4"plywood, cut them out, drilled one whole centered in the bottom of note for a single c7 light, three coats exterior paint. While the last coat was still wet I covered the front surface with reflective glass beads. (I did the same thing with my Believe letters...it really picks up the light) Got out my trusty spt2 wire and some c7 sockets. I used 7 green c7 led bulbs on ea. single note. One pushed through the hole ,center bottom (hot glued a metal snowflake to the bulb tip to help deflect the light against the board), three clustered on the surface just above at the top right, ran the wire up the back and put 3 more in a cluster at the top of the note. I laid the cluster (three lights) flat on the surface because it reflected better from a distance. I used 3" wire ribbon I picked up at sams club to make up bows to camo the wires.

There is probably a better way to accomplish all of this but this worked best for me. I would love to hear any new ideas.

Jo

• The topic was locked