Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini lights

termite

newbie here with a quick question(s)...

i bought a bunch of mini lights from home depot and want to make sure there is no problem using them with LOR. they are "home accents holiday"

Also had to get a bunch of 200 count and want to split them in half. Anyone done this with luck? They have the section with just two wires across, where the 3rd wire stops and starts in the light just before and after.

I read somewhere something about voltage drop and shortening life span or was that just for LED's?

Thx all,

Basically, all incandescents are created equal and will work just fine, nomatter the brand,

Yes, the place to separate is where there are only two wires. No problems at all regarding voltage if you do it in the correct place.

Sweet! I was hoping that was the case, I bought 42 boxes of the 100 count and 32 of the 200 count. Of course there all multi color... I have a lot of bulb swapping to do...

If your going to swap bulbs I would keep the 100 cnt. bulbs together and the same with the 200 cnt. ones. They may not work right if you mix them all together. Didn't for me anyways, some were very dimm, and others blew out the instant they were plugged in .

If your 200ct strings have four 50ct sections and your 100ct string has two 50ct sections, you can swap without problems. Doesn't seem worth the work to me though.

I did find that using a cable cutter works great for loosening bulbs.

Edited by scubado

They do have the 50 ct sections, so that's cool, there both the same brand of light anyway so they only sell one package of replace bulbs so it should of worked

All that I can find around Calgary is multi color or clear and at just over .03 per bulb it's worth a bit of bulb swapping. Besides, it gives me a reason to hang out in my man cave... Before Christmas lights are not cheap up here.