Light-O-Rama Forums

another tree wizard question

Ralph D

im trying to make my mega tree and i must be doing something wrong could someone please explain this to me. my mega tree is 12 channels per color and I have three colors. 12 of white, 12 of red, 12 of green. But in the number of bundles/fixtures it only allows me to choose up to 32 bundles/fixtures which obviously is four fixtures short of what I need. am i building it the wrong way is there something I am missing could someone please explain.

Thank you

Ralph

I built a 64 string tree. I built 4) 16 string trees with the tree tool, spun them slightly to get the proper spacing and then created one prop from the 4 trees. This way I could get the colors and controllers in the right place. It may not be the most efficient way or not the right way, but I got my tree built in the visualizer exactly the way it will be built during set-up.

One thing I don't understand is why it would only let you pick 32 fixtures. Mine did 64. Which version of the software are you using?

I answered your help desk ticket, but let me answer it here as well:

Create a 12 bundle/fixture tree. Assign each bundle/fixture the 3 different colors.

http://www.lightorama.com/help/tree_wizard2.htm

I personally wouldn't do what Ron is suggesting. Yes, you can make it work and if you like the look it's OK. But remember that the 4 (in your case 3) tree method is at the expense of a lot of processing the Visualizer doesn't need to do.

you beat me to the answer. thanks again for your help dev mike. im using 9.0 the new one. I have no ccr or any of that I just like having the new stuff and one day i will go ccr. but i will tell everyone who has not changed over to using the new visualizer yet. I am very stuck in my ways and I always said the old one was fine. but until you do your own you have no idea how out of this world it is. I worn everyone there's a huge leaning curve I spent all day and i mean all day getting my house photo ready, looking at all bobs videos for what i hoped to get done today and reading like craze and I only got half of what i was hoping for done...but what i did get done looks fantastic better then i could have ever imagined. even my wife was floored at how great the new visualizer makes everything look. great job LOR staff. and again Dev Mike I could not have done this with out your help....really thank you so much.

and now the bad news I have about 30 props to build. lol dev mike are there any videos or how to's on making your own props/fixtures. If you remember I made one and sent it to you a long time ago and i have no idea how i did it now. it was that Angle trumpeter.

There are a bunch of built fixtures and props in the sticky at the top of the Visualizer thread. Also, download Shannon's LOROC program if you can't find the desired prop or fixture in the sticky, that is how I did some of my props.