Light-O-Rama Forums

How long does it take you?

The Entertainer

Hey gang!

I've read tons of topics on how long it takes to set up your displays and when you start. However, I'd like to know how long it takes you to take it down and pack it away. Also where you store your lights and controllers in the off season.

I started taking mine down yesterday. I hope to have it all down and packed away by Saturday. I keep all my lights in a large rolling tool bin that's kept in my storage building in the off season. I keep my wreaths, garlands and other visual appealing items in my attack. Since this is my first year using LOR, I'm not quit sure where to store the controllers..... Any suggestions?

About 30 hrs to get it in the shop.. another day or two to pack it up and organize it..

I store them in my shop.. on the walls, from the ceiling, on pallet racks, in corners, on the mezzanine... pretty much where I can put them.

Edited by plasmadrive

It takes me about 4-5 days to have down and it all packed away in 20 plastic bins of which i store in the basement.

My CCx devices all get set up on the shop walls. So I can power them all year long. 4 CCRches, 4 CCR matrixes, 4 CCB sets, and 6 CCP sets. DIO and Lasers and drip tubes hooked to it.

The regular AC controllers and incans, trees, snowflakes, strobes go in the shed. Three bins of extension cords get dumped in when its cold outside. Will sort them when its warmer.

The hard part for me to take down is the overhead wires between the trees and house which support the drip tubes and let me get power across the sidewalk and driveway. That will stay up for another few months until its warm on a Saturday.

My take down is about 1 day since almost every prop can be moved whole with no assembly.

• Like 1

I'm hoping to have everything down this weekend. So far, I've probably spent 5 or 6 hours taking things down, and I'd say I'm roughly half done.

Smaller items, like my lights, tent stakes, etc...all go in carefully labeled boxes. Larger items get stored in various spots in our basement. Trying to take apart those artificial Wal-Mart trees and put them back in their boxes is entertaining... :rolleyes: I'm probably going to need to get a shed or a storage unit next year, I'm running out of room. My controller, I only have one, will go in a box and be stored in a very safe place in the basement.

Have'nt even started yet. My camera needs a new battery and it won't be here til the 16-17th :( . So gotta leave the whole thing up til I get some videos. By then it may be spring before anything gets put away.

Tom Straub

I spend 2-3 days taking eveything down. I spend another few days testing everything. I like to only put away things that work. I pull things that need repair aside so that I can work on them during the year. I store my stuff in about 30 tubs that I keep on shelves in the garage. Bigger items like wireframes, mega tree parts, etc. also get stored in the garage. things like stakes and such I make sure are clean and dry before storing. I have found that if you spend some time putting away, setting up is much easier next year!