Light-O-Rama Forums

Using CCR as a substitute for pixels

ryebred

I am converting my 72 string (3 color) mega tree next year to a 24 string RGB pixel tree using Ray Wu's pixels. I played around with the visualizer for a couple days trying to find an easy way to do pixels. Then I had an idea, which was probably obvious to others, but why not just use CCR's in the visualizer?

So, I added a 24 string CCR mega tree and it looks great. However, you can't associate DMX with a CCR in the visualizer. That is no big deal as I just associated it to an auxillary network in both the visualizer and the sequncer and saved the configuration. I then fired up nutcracker and generated some effects and added a few of my own effects as well and tried it and it worked beautifully.

In the sequencer I added 24 CCR's and it adds the macro channels as well so I had to go in and delete all of those on each string. I then changed the network to use my DMX network and saved that channel configuration.

When I am sequencing and want to see it in the visualizer, I just load the channel config for the auxillary network and when I want to use it on actual hardware I load the channel config for the DMX network. It also helps that my pixel strings are 50 pixels like the CCR however I believe you can add or delete RGB channels (pixels) in the visualizer as well, though I have not tried it. If that is the case I don't see why using CCR's would not work for other pixel strings.

Did you use superstar to sequence or the regular sequence editor? I'm interested in doing the same thing only using 16 channels for a 1/2 tree. How did you move the nutcracker effects to your lor sequence? I have 64 channels in my setup now and 15 songs sequenced. How hard is it to add the new tree to my existing sequences?

Did you use superstar to sequence or the regular sequence editor? I'm interested in doing the same thing only using 16 channels for a 1/2 tree. How did you move the nutcracker effects to your lor sequence? I have 64 channels in my setup now and 15 songs sequenced. How hard is it to add the new tree to my existing sequences?

I am using the regular sequencer and playing around with the demo version of the superstar editor to see if it will meet my needs. I understand that it has a limit of 24 CCR's so I am right up against it with my plan.

To move nutcracker effects into LOR, once you generate an effect there is a link at the bottom that says "Click here to make an lms file." Once you do it generates the file and you can save it into a directory. Then open up the LOR sequence editor and load the sequence you want. Also open the effects lms file that you saved. You can then copy and paste all the columns and rows that open up from the lms file into your existing sequence but make sure that the paste function is set to "paste by time".

I added all 24 CCR blocks to a new track so that I could keep it seperate from my other elements. Adding it to all of your existing sequences should be as easy as saving the channel configuration and then importing the channel configuration into your existing sequences.