Light-O-Rama Forums

K6CCC's Christmas "show"

k6ccc

For those that have seem me a few times in the forums, I have been very open that I got into LOR for may landscape lighting (which keeps getting more complex). The major landscape project has taken most of my spare time in 2012, so I have stated that I did not know if I would do anything for Christmas. Well, sometime in early November I got the official go-ahead from the boss (my wife) to build a pixel tree for Christmas. With the limited time available, I knew that there was no way had time to sequence to music so I made no effort to do so. I ended up with a just over 7 minute animated only "show" that contains 11 sequences that are all interspersed with a twinkling tree (that makes sense if you watch the video). Shot video of the show last night an uploaded it to You Tube. Some of the sequences were done as much to learn how to use SuperStar, and knowing what order I created the sequences, I can tell the early ones from the later ones, but my wife was happy with it, and that's the most important part..

Enjoy.

BTW, ignore the rushing noise in the video - it's just a fan that was running next to the camera...

Edited by k6ccc

If Im not mistaken you use LOR year rould just to keep the yard lit up? This is just an object in the yard for the season. If thats the case thats a pretty kick ass lawn decoration! You should change it monthly

If Im not mistaken you use LOR year rould just to keep the yard lit up? This is just an object in the yard for the season. If thats the case thats a pretty kick ass lawn decoration! You should change it monthly

Partially correct. I am using LOR year round for my landscape lighting, but the pixel tree was a Christmas season only fixture. It is expected to be taken down this weekend. It would certainly be in the way as a long term installation.

Any video of your landscaping projects?

No, and it would be boring as all get out. Most of the landscape lighting changes are intended to be so subtle that a video would bore you to tears. Once all the interactive is completed, that may change at which time I might do a "tour" video.

• The topic was locked