Light-O-Rama Forums

Got LOR Fever

JLA

Myself, the wife, kids and grandkids have all came down with LOR fever! Took the plunge and ordered a starter kit today to get our feet wet. The wife is buying everything she sees that has an electrical wire with one or more bulbs and is "after Christmas" discounted! Considering a display of maybe 48 to 64 channels for the first year and then see what happens after that.

Have found these forums to be very informative and that all members are full of advice they are willing to share! Looking forward to Christmas 2013!

God Bless and Happy New Year to all!!!!!!!

Justin

Welcome aboard Justin!! You've found just the place to help in everything when your LOR fever turns into the full blown CLAP. Also another note buy more wire all those lights will need extension cords. Have a Happy New Year and stay Merry.

Welcome Justin. I am also new at this and doing a lot of research into the additional tools that may be needed. One thing I have learned: At some point you may want to edit/modify audio tracks. Thanks to this forum I have leaned there are two basic audio tools that are very helpful.

MP3Gain-http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

This software will adjust your audio tracks to the same output volume. You might want to do this to eliminate the annoying up and down volume when you are broadcasting over FM.

Audacity-http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Audacity does so much I really do not know where to begin, however I used it today to eliminate silence in portions of "Linus tells the story of Christmas". There are many other uses for this software.

Congratulations on getting started with LOR, it's been a lot of fun so far!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. Have in your mind a plan and what you want to use in your display. Build toward that display and dont buy it because it's cheap and on sell. You may not use it in your display. This is a fun hobbie so enjoy all the time shared with the family as you grow...

Jeff

CAUTION: Thread hijack.

Hey Avionics12- would you mind sharing your edited version of Linus' Christmas Story? I've been thinking of doing the same thing. And it would save duplication of effort. :)

End hijack.

I also use Audacity heavily to shorten my songs to 1.5 - 2.5 minutes. It gives viewers a lot of variety in a short time. I have also used it to create some medleys. Very useful.