Light-O-Rama Forums

I need ideas for show.

Sheldon_15

Below is the picture of what I plan to do next year. I do not have LOR yet but do plan to get it next year.

I just need some ideas on what lights to use or any input from anyone on what to change.

So I plan in lining the yard with C9 lights, c9 lights on the roof and blue led icicle lights hanging down.. On the inside of the roof I plan to put either net lights or string lights I'm not sure what to do. Then on the inside of the yard I'm not sure if I should use rope lights or string lights??! And around the windows, string lights of rope?? And I plan to put lighted candy canes lined up in the front. And last I plan to put arches over the driveway, 4 spaced out. Not sure what type of lights to use there either.

Any tips, ideas, suggestion or anything on what to use or what to add or to take away please feel free to say, I won't be offended. Also where is the cheapest place to buy the lights?

Thanks,

Sheldon

Edited by Sheldon_15

Start watching a lot of videos and look to see what type of lights are being used. The type of lights you use will depend on what you like and what will fit in your budget and skill level. Your imagination and wallet are your limiting factors.

Just my thoughts, but I would lean in the direction of LED lighting. It's more expensive in the short run, but it is the future of lighting and the new equipment coming on the market is amazing. Lots of luck on your show! :D

Just my thoughts, but I would lean in the direction of LED lighting. It's more expensive in the short run, but it is the future of lighting and the new equipment coming on the market is amazing. Lots of luck on your show! :D

That's what I plan on! :)

But Im not just going to throw everything out and replace it with LED. If something breaks/stops working then Ill replace. I'm gradually going to LED then a few more years RGB hopefully! :)