Jump to content

Neighborhood LOR


Guest guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone ever attempt to sync sequences from thier house with a neighbor? I'm going to get a 16 channel for Christmas, and my neighbor was thinking about getting one (well he thought it was cool, just have to convince him its the right thing to do :]).
Thought it would be cool if I can get 1 or 2 other nieghbors on board with it, they already do the whole house thing and are planning for more lights this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny you should mention that. I told my neighbor I would get an 8 channel controller and supply some lights if he would give me 20amps! I know that is not many but he lives across the street and I told him we could do wireless to really freak out everyone who visits. He agreed to do it so now will see how much wireless will be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wireless? Hmm.... how are you going to go about doing that? My neighbor is next to me, if I had to tap it off mine I was running cords.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well LOR will be able to be wireless next year with a add on card that will be able to either be a transmitter or a receiver. Not much is know about the particulars because it is still not readily avail for everyone, but SOON.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

COOL....

Neighbor already said I could decorate his house next year but it would be static but with a wireless....THE OPTIONS :devil::waycool:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been considering testing LOR with a RS-485 bridge and unidirectional antenna for a project I am designing. Sounds like it's time to start...

Jeff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JeffTrykoski wrote:

I've been considering testing LOR with a RS-485 bridge and unidirectional antenna for a project I am designing. Sounds like it's time to start...

We will have wirless available for LOR early this year:)....
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LightORama wrote:

We will have wirless available for LOR early next year:)....

Whew! Only 12 more months!

(Of course, you meant this year. I just had to say it.)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don wrote:

LightORama wrote:
We will have wirless available for LOR early next year:)....

Whew! Only 12 more months!

(Of course, you meant this year. I just had to say it.)

(Of course, you meant this year. I just had to say it.)
Hope Hi Hope 2006?:ornament:

By the way Group, I got to see Rob LaRe desplay & set-up very cool system!!!

http://www.ochsendorf.com/rob/picktown_lights.mov

Jerry Plak:snowman:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LightORama wrote:

JeffTrykoski wrote:
I've been considering testing LOR with a RS-485 bridge and unidirectional antenna for a project I am designing. Sounds like it's time to start...

We will have wirless available for LOR early this year:)....



So should I buy during the sale in April, or wait? I don't mind waiting till summer if that's when the wireless box are coming out. Or is it an attachment for current boxes?

greg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

rossg10 wrote:

So should I buy during the sale in April, or wait? I don't mind waiting till summer if that's when the wireless box are coming out. Or is it an attachment for current boxes?

greg
Buy in April!

Anything and everything to date that Dan plans to come out with (that he's announced) is compatible with old hardware.

If memory serves, Dan has stated that the LOR Wireless module connects to the LOR board just like a normal CAT5/Phone cable spot. I'm guessing here, but then a wire would run to the transmitter/receiver portion of the module.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don wrote:

If memory serves, Dan has stated that the LOR Wireless module connects to the LOR board just like a normal CAT5/Phone cable spot. I'm guessing here, but then a wire would run to the transmitter/receiver portion of the module.

The Easy Light Linker Wireless Module connects to the controller via CAT5. The unit gets power from the controller through the CAT5 cable.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have not decided on the documented range yet. It depends on a number of parameters. We will let you know once we have finalized things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...