Light-O-Rama Forums

Motor on LOR

diggerclam

Is this OK with LOR? 3wires (R,B,W) plus ground (GRN) on a two direction motor

Two AC plugs, from 2 LOR circuits...splice neutrals together with white wire on motor.

1 HOT (LOR circuit1) to black wire on motor,

1 HOT (LOR circuit2) to red wire...

and of course the groundwire

Thanks for any help, comments or questions

Jim

Guest wbottomley

diggerclam wrote:

Is this OK with LOR? 3wires (R,B,W) plus ground (GRN) on a two direction motor

Two AC plugs, from 2 LOR circuits...splice neutrals together with white wire on motor.

1 HOT (LOR circuit1) to black wire on motor,

1 HOT (LOR circuit2) to red wire...

and of course the groundwire

Thanks for any help, comments or questions

Jim

Jim... you might want to read this post first: http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=6392&forum_id=25&highlight=inductive+load

I should have been clearer, I will try to post a diagram of what I am trying to do.

I have a LOR 1602, using two circuits on it, I would like to switch a motor to raise a reindeer so he can talk above the other reindeer

one circuit for up, one circut for down

The motor has three leads(plus ground) white(neutral) red and black (hot)

White plus red makes it go up

white with black makes it go down

My question is can I splice both neutrals from the two circuits on LOR to the white motor lead, and the hots (from LOR to the red and black...without a problem

Attached files 139216=8313-ac LOR.jpg

Guest wbottomley

Jim... if the white is your neutral wire, you shouldn't have to splice it. Just make your red and black wires are on the same side of the controller board. For example, put it on channels 1-8 or 9-16. Are they any limit switches on the motor that would stop it once it reaches it's maximum point?

The only concern would be an inductive load on a triac.

William,

Thanks for responding.. The motor will be turned on to revolve clockwise for 15 seconds (red wire), and then turned off. This is LOR circuit #1

The motor will be turned on to revolve counter clockwise for 15 seconds(black wire), and then turned off. This is LOR circuit #2

My concern was splicing the neutrals, but if I splice them together at the motor and keep the two circuits on the same side of the board I believe I will be OK. (see above posted diagram)

There is a travel limit switch, but I am not going to use it. It's a mechanically controlled on /off.

Thanks for all responses

Jim