Light-O-Rama Forums

Open Mouth

overeazy

Just last night I remarked to my wife how lucky we were that we had so few problems with people messing with our display and then mentioned that maybe I should knock on wood. Well there was no wood around and it didn't even take 24 hours to happen. Persons unknown destroyed 3 of my stick trees, several mini tress and tried to mess with my new CCR tree but good thing I have that thing bolted down pretty good. After being in a very good mood all month it is kind of a punch to the gut. I guess the good part is I am thankful they did not do more damage. I learned a very good lesson, keep my mouth shut.

And in this day and age. A good outdoor security camera system is a must. Not just for the Christmas lights but UPS delivered boxes on the porch are being taken. Other crimes that can happen around the house. I recommend cameras with 600TVL resolution and also what is called the zero Lux, IR system.

Right now I have only two cameras outside. And one in the house, just in case.

Sorry to hear that someone just had to be a jerk and screw up your display. No way you can prevent it. But there are ways you can try to bring the jerk to face the music for their actions. Hit them in the pocket book.

Edited by Max-Paul

Last year at this time I had someone mess with my display and damaged a bunch of my trees. I now have 6 cameras on just my front yard. Anyone who touches anything will be dealing with the police

DIsplays were OK because they were chained and padlocked down, but someone tried to get at my 12 foot ladders at the side of the house.

Luckily they were chained and padlocked also.

Could have been worse.

• The topic was locked