Light-O-Rama Forums

Retiring your display?

mgrant8163

OK, so now you have many years under your belt and would be considered an LOR pro. You've spent countless hours in the cold garage fabricating the ultimate display and using your resources to bring an amazing amount of joy to your audience year after year.

What's that? Nobody helped you set up and test? Nobody would help you tear it all down and pack it neatly so that next year you don't have a rat's nest?

If the thrill is gone I want to hear from you!

I would like to purchase a display. Last year it took so long to get my family excited about this that I missed an amazing deal right in my own back yard. (Northern California).

To bad you're not closer, I am considering a major do over for next year. I am not getting out, just updating to more RGB.

Steve

A do over sounds fun. I'm sure you know exactly what you are looking for. Me...a newbie but willing to try.

One thing that I'm most excited about is that I have a 30 foot flag pole in the front of the house in the kid's play area. Talk about a mega-tree!

Guest wbottomley

I think about 8-10 of them are the version 2 16D boards and the rest are 16PC. No Gen3 stuff.

And... here's proof they work (mega-trees).

Edited by wbottomley

So what does this mean William... you going to RGB for all the trees next year? If so, damn that's a hellofan upgrade! eek.gif

Thats exactly what my wife looked like when i said i want more controllers...lol. As much as i wouldlove a good deal I am going to have to sit this one out. Why is it every time there is a good deal on controllers you cant afford it?....grrrrr