Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixels, Floods, .... and a little lag

Big Mur

So many challenges with last minute changes with high speed, then no high speed dongles, 138MB file size that my programming got chopped up with lag. I promise that the timings were near to perfect in S3, but still plenty enough to get me excited about more for next year!

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/56384387" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

The matching was just fluke. The tree canopy has fluid ramps and the pixel colour changes are smooth in Visualizer. It has the hick-ups but I suspect that the new 500K dongles will lighten that load. I also suspect my computer is a weak point now as well.

The video is shot on a Canon 5DMK2 with a F2.8 24 - 70 lens. Fixed the Aperture wide open (2.8). Tripod to keep it steady, FM radio to get a sound track and then Final Cut Pro to edit. Nice set-up for video but not for the faint of wallet. We use it and a Canon 7D for filming in my practice so it is in stock. Unfortunately, it would be $5k - ish to buy. Funny how the good solutions cost money sometimes?

There was so much more that we wanted to do this year but the jump to RGB was a learning curve.

I had to ask. I could justify the 7D beings it does pictures. I have enough background with Canon gear to know this is beautiful gear.

• 1 month later...

Very nice video, looks like your using rainbow flood extremes correct? they look great  you did a great job being your 1st year with floods and pixels i hope my 1st year works out i'm kind of nerves.....

jim

• The topic was locked