Light-O-Rama Forums

Snowy videos of the display! (MaineLights.org)

JeffF

Finally, a White Christmas *and* another 8" of snow last night! I ended up going out during the actual storm to get some video and realized that all my troubles recording our house was because I was too far away. You can't see a couple 4,800 light trees to the left and you don't see the complete mega-arch but the family and I think this year's videos are way better than the previous 4 years. Enjoy!

All the videos can be seen here...

2012 MaineLights.org Snowy Videos

And I'll add a few of them here too...

A classic Winter Wonderland...

Some crazy Wizards in Winter...

• Like 1

Winter Wonderland brought back some memories. Very nice. Having a wide display is a real challenge to video. I have a wide display as well and even with a wide angle lens it's hard to get good video. I just came to the conclusion this year that you have to take multiple videos (up closer) from different angles and use the video editing software to put them together. Easier said than done however.

Great job. Even if I missed something I didn't feel like I did.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

And we are 99% incandescent scubado. The only LEDs are the C7 red and yellow on the roof.

We just like incans here I guess. :)

Heh, you should see it in person with the snow... it's almost blinding at a few spots during the show. :) The snow just adds sooo much more color and brightness. Really neat seeing the display this way because you get used to it with all the green everywhere. Wish I could make a deal somehow to guarantee us some snow this time of year. :D

• The topic was locked