Light-O-Rama Forums

ShowTime PC CTB16PC Controller Board Kit

strobe

Im a newbie from Mi. I have put stuff together should i get this kits.thats i could have like 2 for the price of one.

ShowTime PC CTB16PC Controller Board Kit ..$104. plus the case that goes in.?

cause of the cost or should i get the one ready to go controllers.? how long would it take someone that new what he's doing to make the kit thanks for all input . what do the controllers cost if u wait and get them on sale?

I like the kits, and i wouldn't say i know what i'm doing but have had no problems building them. Just follow the directions. you wil also need your power cables and output cables so you should add thet to the cost of the kit. I have made my own for both but you really need to find a good price on extension cords to make that worth while. The Sale prices are around 10% off regular price if i remember right.

Ditto the snowman with the funny name. :P

I would say that if your alert and not distracted. You can build one in a few hours. Be careful that you put the sockets and chips, diodes, resistor packs, and LED in proper. Make sure you have 30 and 60 watt soldering iron. Will want the 60 watt iron for the spade connections and maybe fuse holder and triac. 30 watt will take care of the rest. Right and when the board is on sale, in the past it was about 90 bucks the way I remember it.

I just built my first controller this past weekend and it took me about 4 hours to finish. I am by far good at soldering, so if you are good at that, you could be much faster than I. Someone with more experience feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I believe I read somewhere on the forum, you can use SPT-1 wire and plugs for the dongles, which would save some money, if you were already making some extension cords.