Light-O-Rama Forums

Cheapest place to buy garland?

johnson8ryley

I'm building miniature trees for next years show and I'm pretty much set on what lights I'm getting but where is the cheapest place, before or after Christmas, that I can pick up garland. We have Walmart, tons of dollar stores, Home Depot, etc. I'm just not sure which place would have the cheapest garland. Can you guys share your experiences or any tips? Thanks.

What type of garland are you looking for??

The type that comes in 50 ft lengths or the type that has actual wire branches to mold and shape

I got my garland from Big Lots and think it was like 60 or 80ft for like $4.99. It was enough to almost double wrap my 5 mini trees that are 3ft tomato cages.

I bought a good bit of it at Walmart a couple of years ago. don't buy the small quantitit can be a bit pricey. I got the longer runs (50'???) pretty cheap.

Is it the cheapest? I don't know-but was happy with the price.

Of course right now it is more about what is in stock.

I would stop at Lowes except its a good 30 min drive and on the opposite side of town for me. Thanks for the tidbit about Walgreens and CVS, haven't stopped there to look yet.

Any type of garland would work, doesn't have to be anything special. All I need it for is to wrap my miniature trees. Doesn't matter to me if it has wire branches or not.

I got my garland from Big Lots and think it was like 60 or 80ft for like $4.99. It was enough to almost double wrap my 5 mini trees that are 3ft tomato cages.

Todd, do you mean you were able to fully wrap all 5 of your miniature trees with one spool? Lowe's has 100ft garland for $9 and I might buy 2 sets as I have a total of 9 miniature trees that are also 3ft.

Last year I bought 10 3' trees from HD after christmas for $6 ea. Wrapped my lights on them and walked away.. looks nice and have handled the 30+ mph winds this year with no issues yet.. although i did use small tent stakes that screw into ground and zip ties to keep them in place.

This info will be helpful to anyone in the Midwest

Menards (a large Midwest hardware chain) has 50' on sale for $3.50 and 100' on sale for $6. I'll be making my way there tomorrow morning around 8 in the morning.

Just my two cents.....You can find cheap garland almost anywhere after Christmas but a word of advice is that cheap garland looks cheap. In the beginning it was fine but over the years I've upgraded to the more expensive stuff because it adds so much more to the display. You can also jazz up the garland with ornaments, pine cones and ribbons most of which are deep discounted after Christmas. As people walk by during the day it looks more like Christmas instead of a carcass of wires.

I just left HD and they had lots of it at $3.27 for 50'. I made mini trees this year and did not use any garland.. they looked just fine without... at least I thought so..