Light-O-Rama Forums

Good led sets

frycztech

I've used magic in the sky for the past two years. Others here I'm sure have recommendations as well.

The lights are expensive. But you get much higher quality than store-brand. So, hopefully will last longer. And, being full-wave rather than half-wave means better dimming (and better look).

Http://www.mitslighting.com

Guest wbottomley

Are most the led sets that everyone is buying have the bulbs that cant be replaced? From all the pictures ive been seeing thats what they look like

You're looking at the wrong pictures.

Right, you DO NOT want the replaceable bulbs. Sealed bulbs is where it is at. What happens is this. LEDs have a mild steel leads, with a very very thin nickle plating. Water will attack this thin nickel plating and then rust the leads to the point that there are no leads any more. Also some have reported that the contacts in the socket are damaged to the point that even putting in a new bulb, the LEDs will not light.

I've used magic in the sky for the past two years. Others here I'm sure have recommendations as well.

The lights are expensive. But you get much higher quality than store-brand. So, hopefully will last longer. And, being full-wave rather than half-wave means better dimming (and better look).

Http://www.mitslighting.com

Yikes... big step from $2.75 Home depot specials! :-)

which sets did you get? Also, am i reading it right that theres a 50% off coupon?

No the pre-sales are usually pay 50% now.. and pay 50% when they are delivered in the summertime.

You have to remember that these are LED and not incandescent lights when comparing prices

So what do most folks do when they switch over to the LED-side? sell off your incans? Use them for mini trees, etc?

ive seen some houses that mix LEDs and INCANS and, well, they look a bit crappy.... course they might not have been warm white- but they didnt look great together....

I am not going to say that there are no failures with LED strings. But here are a few positive talking points. Your Blue bulbs are not going to crack or fade in one or two seasons. No worry about glass bulbs breaking from banging against the house or drive way. I do not advise walking on your LED lights, but there is a greater chance of survival vs glass bulbs. Wont have the common bulb burn out and replacement. Wont have to have a sub panel installed with mutable outlets around the front of your house. I am going to have to count up my bulb number someday just for this discussion. Let me say I have only a few channel not used out of 10 AC controllers and 2 DC controllers. I daisy chained the power out in a "V" formation. And it all comes back to ONE outlet. Last year with all on, current draw was 10 Amps.

I might be crazy, but I expect the best when I pay top dollar. I have had good luck with Paul over at CDI. First year was with an ass, by the name of Travis. Seems one of his commercial customers and he got into a dispute, Travis stuck it to all of his home decorators. Orders where wrong or nothing at all. Sure Paul had some bad stuff, but as far as I know, he took care of fixing stuff.