Light-O-Rama Forums

I am unsure where to start want to start light show in Australia

Leightonb69

Hi all I'm new to this after seeing a few YouTube videos and houses set up around Melbourne Australia

I already have a heap of:

Rope lights

Low watts led string lights

What kit and controllers would everybody recommend and does anybody know how much to ship to Victoria Australia as it does not allow me to do that in check out on buy it now feature

Hi

There are lots of LOR users in Australia. Many post on the Australian Christmas Lights forum http://forums.auschristmaslighting.com/index.php which also includes a lot of info on RGB, DMX and other options. I have been a LOR user for about 8 years and it works really well. The Australian lights are mostly low voltage and work best with the LOR DC board, but there is a greater learning curve because you need to discard the controllers and power packs provided and rewire the lights to the DC board. I find this a lot better (& safer) than the AC boards on 240V.

Hey Geoff did you run a show this year? I am patiently anticipating your shows each year. Gotta be on my top 3 to see. Just wondering...

Btw: you do beautiful work!

Hi Johnny

Show is still on and crowds have been huge. I wasn't entirely happy with early videos and plan to redo them this week to upload in January.

I will not be doing a show in 2013 - taking a break which could become permanent; depends on how my life progresses next year and on how well the body & mind hold up.

My 10 years of doing Christmas lights has been a journey to remember.

Well I am happy you have the show running again! Hate to hear about the health issues, you have definitely made me eww and ahh more than a dozen times in the past few years!! Hope all gets better on your behalf. Have you thought about passing the torch to another Aussie?

May you have a Happy New Year!!

Hi Johnny

Show is still on and crowds have been huge. I wasn't entirely happy with early videos and plan to redo them this week to upload in January.

I will not be doing a show in 2013 - taking a break which could become permanent; depends on how my life progresses next year and on how well the body & mind hold up.

My 10 years of doing Christmas lights has been a journey to remember.

Seems like the same thing you said last year ;):D , I understand how your feeling Geoff, I am worn out myself from my my show and it does take its toll on both the body and mind, but I also know come mid year you will start to get that itch again.

I also am waiting to see one of Australias premier shows on video and what magic you have created this year.