Light-O-Rama Forums

Finally getting started...

Mike E

After popping in to the LOR website for a couple years, I finally decided to get involved!

Two years ago, my 8 year old son and I built a four wheeled bike from PVC and have ridden it in parades and have had a blast... so now we needed a new project...

My background is in theater and small tv video and production, so I am used to preparing and creating using video, music and computers.

So, I've joined the forum and I've drawn up plans to create a singing snowman. After I finish directing and building set for the current musical at the high school, I'll launch into building the snowman.

I look forward to getting my first controller and playing with it as the snowman takes shape.

I know I'll be asking questions as I go along, but it feels good to take my first steps... which for me is to finally make the decision. Now that I've done that, theres no stopping me.

--Mike

Welcome aboard!

I predict that by the end of January you'll decide that one controller isn't even close to being enough.

Merry Christmas!

Welcome! Snowman project sounds interesting. Do you plan on it being an animatronic or what do you have in mind?

BTW: If the website you linked to for the bike is yours you should know that you've exceeded your bandwidth.

No, not animatronic. More like the talking faces others have created. The eyes and mouth would be on several channels. There is someone out there who has a singing snowman. I saw it on YouTube a while back.

I am looking at creating him with coro. Currently trying to find a decent coro supplier. May have found a distributer in Akron, Ohio, who supplies it for commercial purposes.

Thanks for checking the bike link. It's not mine. Too bad it's not showing.

No, not animatronic. More like the talking faces others have created. The eyes and mouth would be on several channels. There is someone out there who has a singing snowman. I saw it on YouTube a while back.

I am looking at creating him with coro. Currently trying to find a decent coro supplier. May have found a distributer in Akron, Ohio, who supplies it for commercial purposes.

Thanks for checking the bike link. It's not mine. Too bad it's not showing.

I believe you are talking about Christian Miasciewicz's snowman in France. He has an account on the forums and it might be worth sending him a PM if you have any questions. If your looking for a coro supplier you might contact David Moore of HolidayCoro.com