Light-O-Rama Forums

60 foot violin

Flyersc

Here's my LOR display this year. The pine tree is about 60' tall, with 16 strands of lights around it on 16 channels, along with one CCR as the bow. I only use 4 channels for the violin effect in this video. The snowflake is 6 feet in diameter and uses 24 channels. The piano is about 5 feet high using one channel for the outline and one CCP pixel set for the keys.

The video quality is poor at times; it's hard to shoot lights at night with an inexpensive camera!

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on my show, as well as any questions.

There are a couple of other videos of mine on YouTube with better close-ups of the different props at http://www.youtube.c...IQrRy708n7Kux5g

I like the piano and snowflake. Personally, the violin idea is maybe a good idea, but needs revised. I don't have any ideas on how though. Good job otherwise.

I have since learned a little more about how to video at night, the autofocus being one!

Thanks Jim, I have gone back and tweaked some of the movements after seeing it up on the tree. One thing I need to do next year is to get the four violin strings closer together. It looked good in the visulizer, but when actually on the tree, they were spaced out too much.

The snowflake, with the support pieces in between each leg, could be lit up with orange lights to look like a spider web for Halloween.

I was thinking the same thing with the spacing. I would have all 4 string lit continuous while it's playing and have spheres to represent finger positions as a possible idea.

I was thinking the same thing with the spacing. I would have all 4 string lit continuous while it's playing and have spheres to represent finger positions as a possible idea.

I agree on the spacing, or possible double up on the strings for each channel? What would it look like with the strings lit continuously but dimmed until that string is "played"? Then try a shimmer effect when it is played?

I like the piano - how did you frame it up?

Thanks,

Tony

Thanks for the suggestions scubado and Tony, the sphere idea sure gets me thinking about next year already!

The piano is 1/4" round steel rod.

Your snowflake looks great. You need more of those. I am thinking of building something similar to that but, have to think about how I want to build and sequence it.

• The topic was locked