Light-O-Rama Forums

a little advise

doug petschke

today i got home and my lights were not running... the reason why? windows did an automatic update and my pc rebooted so my advise is to shut off windows auto updates!

I have mine disconnected as well. About 2 weeks ago, I was waiting for the show to come on as scheduled with no luck. Went to the computer and found that it had STILL installed an update and rebooted itself. Apparently it had already downloaded the update, prior to me turning wifi off, just decided to wait until the perfectly inopportune time to install it.....

today i got home and my lights were not running... the reason why? windows did an automatic update and my pc rebooted so my advise is to shut off windows auto updates!

To prevent this in the future, right click on the lightbulb in the taskbar and check "Launch at Startup". That way you'll be covered if the power goes out also.

Presuming, of course, that your PC boots up automatically when power is restored.

Edited by George Simmons

I learned about this on the first year as well since I leave the internet connnection on because I use Zara Radio to give out temperature while it is playing when the show is not running.

The easiest thing (at least if you want to stay with an internet connection) is to go into the security settings and tell windows to just download the updates but not install them till you say so.

I have nto had any trouble since by doing this.

• The topic was locked