Light-O-Rama Forums

My first display!

stevedave1138

Merry Christmas fellow light-a-holics!

Just wanted to post a video of my display on this my first year!

The date was Dec 15th, and it would have been my Moms 65th Birthday. Sadly, she passed away 6 years from breast cancer. She was a huge fan of The Nightmare Before Christmas, so my display this year was heavily influenced by that. (In the video, notice the coffin sleigh, skeleton reindeer, Zero "Rudolph", and Jack Skellington on the roof.

This video is quite long (about 8 Mins),and has a short tribute to my Mom, a 6 minute home movie from the 60's with her as a teenager at Christmas, to the tune of "Spirit Of Christmas" by Ray Charles. No animation for the first 6-7 minutes. Then I lightened (and lit) things up with a long version of the Griswold Light Up. If you have time, please have a look, and Happy Holidays to you all!

• 1 year later...

Nice job Steve, but How did you add the video to your show? I would like to do something like that for my father. He passed on in April of this year. I have a 3M Pocket Projector and I would like to use it in my show this year. Email me at edyer01@yahoo.com Hope you can help.

Ed

Very nice job!!!

I loved the interaction of Griswold plugging in the lights on the video and the lights coming to life. Nice touch.

And a tribute for your mom... Priceless!!!

Great job!!!

Thanks very much! I've upgraded quite a bit since this was taken and I will unveil my newest display Dec.15 (again a tribute to my Mom).

The newest addition is "projector mapping"..which is a whole house video..but "mapped" to the shape of the house...I only have two sequences for it..but to be honest I'm moving more towards this than lights on the house. LOR will take over the landscaping...

• The topic was locked