Light-O-Rama Forums

see if show is running without outputs

Suderer

Hallo

a new question.

i did two sequnences

one sould run from 5pm to 10pm

the other from 10pm to midnight

i did it in schedule editor , now i want to know if this will work so i changed time on pc.

is there a way that i cann see on pc if this will work without turning the lightspower circuit on ?

i hope this is understandable

regards

I am not positive on this as i am not in front of my pc that has LOR on it, But I believe you can right click on the LOR control panel in the system tray. then select status this should open a window that gives you a play by play of what LOR is doing in your show.

If I am mistaken I am sure someone will correct me.

Just make sure your 485 dongle is connected or the trying to enable a show without it will generate an error code of 8002 and the show won't enable, but wll try and the next time you restart your computer, if the dongle hadn't been connected, when the LOR Tray starts will create an error, until the dongle is connected and the issue corrected. Which gives the same 8002 error that the comm port is not being located. Just connect dongle and click LOR light bulb and enable show or disable show to correct problem.

Once enabled via the LOR light bulb in the system tray {lower right corner}, you should see a couple lines in the window {you may have to click on the bulb to get the Control Panel "Status Window" to open, the first will be Current Status of what is happening at a specific time, then the next area will show as "Next Activity" with a line underneath that will show the time your show will start and end.

I'm not sure if under the second area if you will see the next show time listed or not, as I've only ever seen one show time listed there. So maybe someone that runs multiple shows can tell you how that would display in the control panel Status window.

Edited by Orville

You said 2 sequences, did you mean 2 shows?? I'm not sure what you mean by changed time on PC.

If you did 2 shows, show "a" from 5-10 and show "b" from 10-midnight, it should work.

Hallo

Thank you all for your answers.

A 485 dongle i don't have . Do i need this ? i only use the LOR Software and the rest is over DMX.

Now i found the status Window

Yes this are two animated sequences , they are nearly the same , but in the second i turn off some things they are to noise for the time after 22 o clock

regeards from austria

I can't say as I don't use DMX currently, so I can't really answer if you need the LOR 485 dongle or not, but I myself always thought one was required to be able to use any of the LOR Software.

Hopefully one of the folks here more experienced with LOR and DMX will chime in and can give you a definite answer on the LOR 485 dongle.

Wish I could be of more help, but I really don't know that much about DMX or how it is interfaced with the LOR software.