Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I extend the length of a .lms?

rhino

I have audio that goes for 1 min, 09 secs. I want the .lms to go for a full 1 min, 30 secs. So, I did:

Edit > Change Total Time, and entered 1:30.00.

However, when I hit "Play" on the Sequencer, it repeats after hitting the 1:09.00 mark. It doesn't "play" beyond that.

How do I get a 1min:30sec .lms sequence with 1min:09sec audio?

TIA!

If you need help with audio PM me, I can do it for you when I get home tonight. Relativly simple if you are familiar with the software. In fact, download Audacity and Ill bet you can figure it out faster than you can email me the sound file. If not Ill still help out.

The SE will only play up to the maximum time of the actual sound {MP3/WAV} file, it will never go beyond it no matter how much time you add to it.

Like stated, the only option is to add a length of silence to the end of the MP3/WAV you want to stretch out from 1:09 to 1:30 using Audacity or an audio editor of some kind.

Edited by Orville

If you need help with audio PM me, I can do it for you when I get home tonight. Relativly simple if you are familiar with the software. In fact, download Audacity and Ill bet you can figure it out faster than you can email me the sound file. If not Ill still help out.

You're awesome! Thanks for the offer -- I may take you up on it at a later date, if you're available. But, I went with a quick-n-dirty 1min:09sec sequence and decided to save my "elongated idea" for an upgrade in 2013. I do need to get audacity -- heard too many good things about it, but don't need another project at the moment (everything dealing with my computer is a project these days!).

Again, thanks for the offer!

The SE will only play up to the maximum time of the actual sound {MP3/WAV} file, it will never go beyond it no matter how much time you add to it.

Like stated, the only option is to add a length of silence to the end of the MP3/WAV you want to stretch out from 1:09 to 1:30 using Audacity or an audio editor of some kind.

Orville, thanks for the confirmation. Good to hear it from a couple different sources, and straight to the point. Thank you!