Light-O-Rama Forums

Parker's Christmas Light Show

Ricky Parker

Very nicely done.

Is the Mega curved at the bottom to make a true 180 degrees or straight across at the bottom. I'm doing a 12 leg RGB Mega this year, but the initial plan was to do it straight. I like the way your effects came out. I thought it was 360 degrees too.

Very nicely done.

Is the Mega curved at the bottom to make a true 180 degrees or straight across at the bottom. I'm doing a 12 leg RGB Mega this year, but the initial plan was to do it straight. I like the way your effects came out. I thought it was 360 degrees too.

I took 2 PVC pipes, and 2 couplers and bent them around to make a circle that is laid on the ground. The lights are attached to it at the bottom they go to the top and back down and are attached at the bottom again. The tree shape is basically like cutting a cone shape in half, the lights on the left and right sides are across from each other (maybe just just a little closer to 190 degrees rather than exactly straight across).

4011CFBA-0B2A-47F9-B490A6BB132EFE47.jpg

Still watching this video.. amazed at this Mega Tree.. I want soooo badly!!

It's not hard to do, it just takes a little time and unfortunately some money, but if you do it a little at a time and spread it out over the year it's not too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

• You can build the tree for around $750.00 (plus tree materials, pole, concrete, etc.)using the set-up I have, it will go up as you add pixels and have to have additional powersupplies and controllers.
  • 18 - 50 RGB Pixel strands = approx $420.00
  • Power Supply = approx $60.00
  • Controller = approx $180.00

Nice job, love the mega tree as well. My son, who has become numb to all the videos, runs in and says "Dad, play that song again......wow check out that tree, that's cool"

Guest Don Gillespie

Finally getting around to watching some of the videos, nice job your mega tree is very well done, it still has the Christmas look to it not like some other mega trees I have seen.

OooOOOooo  Capitol Kings...  ironically that is the song  I am actually programming at the moment.  Last year my signature song was Toby Mac's "Me without you" and I've decided this song will be my signature this year.  It's quite a switch, but I like it.  It was nice to see someone else's interpretation of the song.  I was also looking at RGB this year and this is a good way to see what it could look like in my display.  Again, great job on the Mega Tree.

• 8 months later...
  • The topic was locked