Light-O-Rama Forums

That darned old bug has struck my wife

Papa6058

After being very frustrated with my light strings purchases over last few years (converted to LED), and almost passing out when I ordered a few (3) controllers this year and making a spiral Mega tree my wife is showing symptoms of CLAP! Now she keeps bringing up the subject of how many more lights we need to make the spiral tree look better, how many to put the other Mega tree backup and how many controllers to handle it all.

My REASON for the post is, where is best place to get better lights and stuff on after Christmas sales? I have looked at a few sites with professional style lights, Where do you get your lights?

Thank you

Michael

CDI is good. Good quality items, great customer service.

http://www.creativedisplays.com/

They are currently running a pre-sale with nice discounts. Look in the coffe shop forum for CDI pre-sale information. Not sure if you can get to the pre-sale through the link above.

Jerr.

Edited by LORisAwesome

My big question is how you got your wife into it. I am still at the, "It does not make sense to me, but I know you want to do it." stage with mine...lol. Granted, I have just ordered my first controller this week, and she will not see our house in lights until next year.

My big question is how you got your wife into it. I am still at the, "It does not make sense to me, but I know you want to do it." stage with mine...lol. Granted, I have just ordered my first controller this week, and she will not see our house in lights until next year.

One way is to show her videos of other displays and ask her what things she likes. Doesn't always work but it's worth a try.

But be advised that wives (and husbands) have a way of changing their view the first time someone says to them: "Wow - I really like your house."

They better have one heck of a sale to try to compete. I just quickly glanced at their prices and they didn't even appear to be in the same ballpark as the other major players around here.

Holy Cow! Even CDI smokes 'em...

That's the secret show here a lot of classy vids of other shows, then let her see how much more you need to get there. I asked mine to help build yard decor for next year

The holiday lights express presale looks great, what's the quality of the lights?? I'm talking the LED's and what's the difference between the green wire and white wire?

They better have one heck of a sale to try to compete. I just quickly glanced at their prices and they didn't even appear to be in the same ballpark as the other major players around here.

I bought from them my first year. They are ok, but, I had a terrible failure rate with their product. Then I needed replacement strings, and the strings I needed were discontinued.

Jerry

let's not forget these guys:

http://www.noveltyli...ghts/?altpath=Y

Yeah I thought these prices looked really high also. But there is a huge drop in price if you buy a minimum of 36+. Plus these look like normal prices to order something to be shipped immediately whereas the other competitors are showing sale prices for items to be shipped months from now.

Shortly after your show goes live...maybe!

Mine supports me but I do all the work myself.