Light-O-Rama Forums

2012 Madison Lights Show

Bill P

Very nice. I love the sidewalk arches and the starbursts in the windows.

I gotta ask. Is there a hack or something I'm missing with these things?

I have 2 starbursts like yours. I used the Gemmy icicles and they do not burst anywhere near that fast. I have not hooked them up to a controller yet but mine take about 1.5-2 full seconds to go the length of the icicle. As of right now, I'm quite disappointed in them, especially at a little more than 3 bucks an icicle. Bought 2 sets as a last minute addition to the show and haven't even thought about putting them in. I have them mounted and ready, but after the plug up test, I said I wasn't even going to bother with programming them into the existing 2 spare channels.

Is there something I'm missing?

Very nice. I love the sidewalk arches and the starbursts in the windows.

I gotta ask. Is there a hack or something I'm missing with these things?

I have 2 starbursts like yours. I used the Gemmy icicles and they do not burst anywhere near that fast. I have not hooked them up to a controller yet but mine take about 1.5-2 full seconds to go the length of the icicle. As of right now, I'm quite disappointed in them, especially at a little more than 3 bucks an icicle. Bought 2 sets as a last minute addition to the show and haven't even thought about putting them in. I have them mounted and ready, but after the plug up test, I said I wasn't even going to bother with programming them into the existing 2 spare channels.

Is there something I'm missing?

I have no idea why yours are acting that way. Are they the 8 count ones like mine? mine are right out of the box, no hacks/

Edited by Bill P

Yep, 8 ct. bought from Lowes. I built the frame attached them straight out of the box, plugged them in and slow. They all fire at the same time the first time, and then get random after that. Once the display is finished this year, I may try them with a controller and see if they will fire faster. At least I'm not doing something wrong.

Thanks,

Ron

Merry Christmas

Yes when you first plug them in they fire altogether. You can only get speed from a controller turning off and on, but if you program them too soon they will get random too. In order to get the burst you must power them off and on.

I really like you arches over the sidewalk, nice job.

Thanks Melvin, they are from party city.

• The topic was locked