Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie's First Original Sequence

jtomason

I'm a recovering Mr. Christmas small-time show-maker who scored 5 used controllers at a great price a week or so ago. I've hooked up two this year, being all newbie and all, and because we're going to be away this year.

I originally started downloading sequences, and the first one wasn't to my liking, so I wound up changing most of it. That seemed straightforward enough, so I started doing a few from scratch. Here's the first result.

http://youtu.be/KtKBb9osCkA

Comments welcome.

Looks ok too me! Just getting started takes planning, ideas, props and lots of money. You are on the right track. I'm a newbie as well...lol, till I shut mine down for the end of the season, then no longer a newbie here :) Lots of changes being considered for next year.

Nice! You're off to a good start. I especially liked the opening sequence. It got a little too "flashy" in some places but overall, like I said, a good start! Welcome to the club!

I like it. Very nice start. Welcome to the addiction. There's no turning back now.

Which version of Carol of the Bells was that. I'd actually like to do that one next year.

Ron

Nice! You're off to a good start. I especially liked the opening sequence. It got a little too "flashy" in some places but overall, like I said, a good start! Welcome to the club!

Thanks! I went in and toned it down a tad in the busier sections. If I get a chance, I will re-do the video. I appreciate the feedback!

I like it. Very nice start. Welcome to the addiction. There's no turning back now.

Which version of Carol of the Bells was that. I'd actually like to do that one next year.

Ron

Hi Ron,

It is part of a compilation by Windham Hill Artists.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/a-winters-solstice-iv/id298325845

If you'd like the (ever-evolving and currently 32 channel) sequence, just ask.

• The topic was locked