Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer has stopped working

mcorbo

I installed 3.8.2 from 3.8.0 on my editing machine today (aDVANCED 2 ccr VERSION). It is a windows 7 64 bit dell quad core with 6gb of memory and dual monitors. WHen I try and start up Visualizer, I get a windows pop-up that says

The Light-O-Rama Visualizer has stopped working and to check on line for a solution or close the program.

This was working fine before the upgrade. I tried repairing, uninstalling, reinstalling and even uninstalling and reinstalling 3.8.0 and still get the same error. Any ideas? Sequence Editor works fine.

The details are:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: LORVisualizer.exe

Application Version: 3.8.0.0

Application Timestamp: 507839ed

Fault Module Name: ole32.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7b96f

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0004a1f0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 507f

Additional Information 2: 507fd8b5552b0aa8de623643afd07fa3

Additional Information 3: ebf9

Additional Information 4: ebf981a6cc2b4dcbbdfcdf1363bd1175

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Appcrashes in OLE32 indicate something wrong with your windows installation. Have you rebooted and then done a Windows Update?

Beleive it or not, 5 minutes after I posted that, my hard drive crashed hard and I had to replace it. I am going to try again now that everything is restored and up and running.

Beleive it or not, 5 minutes after I posted that, my hard drive crashed hard and I had to replace it. I am going to try again now that everything is restored and up and running.

It worked right after I reinstalled my 1 week old backup, but now, 2 days and 2 windows updates later, still getting the same error. Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

My system just started this morning with the same problems. I too had upgraded from 3.8 to 3.8.2. My work computer is the one doing this, but my home computers are working fine as of this morning anyways. Is there a fix for this yet? I do not believe we are having HDD issues. I may be wrong, but this thing is new still. My sequence editor works fine as well. I'm not sure how to get the details as in the earlier post.

When the visualizer starts the box says (Version 3.8.2 CCR V1.0.7 (partial) Advanced Edition). I'm not sure, but I do not remember the partial being on there before. I wasn't sure if there were some corrupt files now or not. Thanks for any help given.

Edited by timmy