Light-O-Rama Forums

timing grid

joe b.

This is 100% a users prefrence. Some use .05 timing marks, some use .1. I have a total of 17 tracks as well. Some are duplicates of my primary tracks with a different timing setup. The largest I use is .05, and the duplicates to make minor details are .01 to really get the effect Im looking for. This again is user to user.

I personally don't use fixed timing grids at all. I use the Beat Wizard and then multiples of that according to the display element. For instance, I use Beat x 7 for seven-segment arches, beat x 9 for nine-segment poles, etc. Timing grids can be swapped in/out of a sequence very simply.

I used to have multiple tracks just like Goof, with different timings according to what was in the track. But since S3 came out with Groups, I've found that not only are they ten times more convenient than tracks, but combined with multiple timing grids, Groups have made large, multiple track configurations practically obsolete.

I usually used a fixed timing grid of .05, but like others state, it's all user preference.

Edited by Orville