Light-O-Rama Forums

Has anyone tried one of these CZH-5C Transmitter?

Push Eject

I have the B model which is 100mw/500mw or .1w/.5w. Set on the 500mw is way to much power. So the one your looking at is a 1w/7w I think that might get you into trouble. With mine set on low at 100mw my signal travels about 1000'.

Ah... good feedback. Thanks for that. I'm tempted regardless, but would love to hear from someone who has one too.

They are plenty strong enough. They are just not crystal clear IMO. I have one as a backup. I used it last season with no issues. It transmitted a half mile away. There was slight distortion on some songs.

I bought an EDM this year.

Thanks, Steve. Interesting; everyone goes back to the EDM. Lead times, obviously, aren't going to work for me this year, but perhaps that's the solution for next year.

http://www.amazon.co...=pd_sim_sbs_e_2

This is what I went with a few weeks ago and it works great, can be heard clearly for several blocks! so far so good! turned my laptop volume down to 25% and the outputs on this to about 75% and I am really happy! Had a "whole house transshitter" and couldn't pick up a signal at more than ten feet away. Sent it back the next day.

Edited by caniac

http://www.amazon.co...=pd_sim_sbs_e_2

This is what I went with a few weeks ago and it works great, can be heard clearly for several blocks! so far so good! turned my laptop volume down to 25% and the outputs on this to about 75% and I am really happy! Had a "whole house transshitter" and couldn't pick up a signal at more than ten feet away. Sent it back the next day.

25% and about 75% did in fact produce the clearest sound. Good point.

25% and about 75% did in fact produce the clearest sound. Good point.

anything higher than 75% on the transmitter started to sound distorted.

I got the reach I expected, but never the fidelity that I hoped to out of mine.

Ended up purchasing the EDM product, and could not have been happier to do so.

Although I've seen other replies from a lot of people on these forums have used this transmitter and have been satisfied.

Well, it's here and hooked up. Seems to work okay. Fidelity is a little lame, but acceptable. However the bigger problem is although I set it to Low power and the frequency to 98.3 it is obliterating stations down at 97.7. Obviously this is going to get me in trouble. Is it possible that it's spilling so far into other bands?

I'm also noticing a pretty solid hum in the audio, but I imagine a ground lift will take of that.

What settings are you using, Columbus?

Edited by Push Eject

Okay, the spill is only within my garage. Go out to the car and the other stations are fine. I wonder if a different antenna would clean up the signal?

Try using Breakaway Audio Enhancer. Google it and you can search on the forums for a thread on it from a couple years ago. I use it with pretty good results.

I have my PC volume set at 50% and the unit volume at about 75%. I get pretty good sound quality for at least 1000 feet and I only use the stock antenna.

I also use a better cable to connect the transmitter to pc with a choke on it.

I'm trying the 30 day demo of Breakaway and even at the smallest buffer setting there is a noticeable lag in audio vs. lights. I think most people would be okay with it, though, so I'm going to give it a go.