Light-O-Rama Forums

85K, 194ch in one month

robm

Well thank you to all who have helped me with our October 1 decision to do something, rush order and build, programmed and installed in one month.. Wow, learned a lot. I will post complete videos of shows but here is a quick promo for the show. 85,000 lights up 30 feet in the air on a old movie theater.. Power company failed to get temp service to us because of Sandy so had to move a 45KW genset in for a month.. Love seening a 300 amp load hit a genset and then back off! :) That along created some for problems...

Thanks everyone who gave me ideas and help.. PS the script computer is over 1.5 MILES away from the show!

https://content.bitsontherun.com/previews/IJYkx2Az-RBCFdLWb

Well in a nut shell.. The music to the show was broadcast on two seperate commerical radio stations and for operational reasons I wanted the play computer and audio at the station. My stations are just over 1.5 miles away from the mall where the show is. I used Cicso Aironet wifi bridge to create a wirless "network" between the two locations. I use these Wifi Bridges all the time for other projects. Then I used a USB server over that network to extend the computer USB port from the station to the mall. At the mall I then converted the USB into RS422 to the controllers. It worked great! Sync was perfect and I have some very tight timings. I will take some "behind the scenes" pics and post them.. Its pretty cool. Another issues was one of the radio stations is broadcasting in HD. HD radio cause the entire air product to be delayed 8.25 seconds. So we had to create two sets of each show. The ones that aired on the HD station had to have all the light ques deleyed 8.25second from the audio track... Makes your brain spin as a board op when the light que do not match the audio, but in a car with the radio on at teh mall they are perfect...

Again thanks to all who shared ideas... We decided to do this in October of this year! Ha.. Rush order, rush build, rush programming.. The community response has been huge! Now well take 11 months and start on next year a little slower..

• The topic was locked