Light-O-Rama Forums

SuperStar text tool stopped working

pdowns

I'm new to SuperStar editing. I took the text basic and advanced tutorial and was successfully creating and scrolling text. And then it stopped working. That is, when I click on the ABC button and get the text dialogue box, I can enter text. But when I hit play the text is not displayed.

Is there some button I've unknowingly clicked (sort of like when you sit on your TV remote?)

Not sure what could happen that would make the text stop working. If the start and end coordinates of the text action are "off screen" then the text will never travel through the ribbons. But if you click on any of the 9 movement buttons the program should figure out star and end coordinates that make the text travel through the ribbons.

One thing you can always try is to shut the program down and launch it again, and it should put you back in a default state.

I tried restarting the editor. I even booted the machine. The start and end coordinates seem fine. It's only a 30 second sequence. Is the default state saved in the registry? I've had a similar "disapperance" with the behavior of the instant sequence feature. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with fairly current patches. I can't assault my show machine until January. Thanks for your quick response!

Nothing is saved to the registry. Everything that is saved is put into SSEdit.cfg or the .sup file that you open.

Please email the .sup file to brian@superstarlights.com and I will take a look at it. The .sup file will be at:

c:\ <your lightorama folder> \ SuperStar \ Sequences

Not sure what I did wrong, nor exactly what I did to fix my problem, but I'm back in business. Somehow the box that normally contains "Text action #" was blanked out. No need to send you anything.

Glad you got it working. I don't think you did anything "wrong." It was more likely a bug in the program, wish I could have narrowed down the cause. If the problem returns let me know.

• 3 months later...

I am having a related problem. I am trying to do some scrolling text, and am in the "Text Setup" screen. There is nothing in the "Char List:" or the "Font List:".   I cannot add text, because I get the "Error: Must have a font selected in the font list. If the font list is empty, you must add a font.". I checked my Fonts sub-directory, and they are there. I have tried this in both my SS sequences, and in your samples. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out from either the forums or your tutorials.

Thanks in advance -

Sorry to take so long to answer this. The fonts get loaded the first time the lightorama directory is set. This normally happens the first time you launch the Lightorama Sequence Editor. If you have already launched the Lightorama Sequence Editor, do the following:

1) Use Explorerer to find

c:\Program Files\Light-O-Rama\LORPost.exe

2) Double click on LORPost.exe to execute it.

3) It will ask you to define where you want your Lightorama directory to be. Set it whereever you want it to be.

4) Launch SuperStar again and you should see the font files there.