Light-O-Rama Forums

Winfield Lights

rickswa

AHHH. Thanks for the tip! Honestly (and I know how stupid this will sound) it was driving me nuts trying to figure out what settings to use to keep it from bluring. I resigned myself to the fact that the LED's were the main problem and that I just had to deal with it. I'm going to give that a shot tonight and see how it goes. Any certain settings that are best to use? thanks for the tip.

AHHH. Thanks for the tip! Honestly (and I know how stupid this will sound) it was driving me nuts trying to figure out what settings to use to keep it from bluring. I resigned myself to the fact that the LED's were the main problem and that I just had to deal with it. I'm going to give that a shot tonight and see how it goes. Any certain settings that are best to use? thanks for the tip.

If your camera has a "fireworks" setting, a lot of us use that to get good color...but mainly it is just trial and error. I STILL have not gotten decent video of my display. I was talking to a TV cameraman that came out the other night and he suggested just playing with the White Balance..so was going to try that tonight.

The problem with the AutoFocus is that with the lights going on and off it tries to focus on the last bit of light that went on...

Edited by jimswinder

thanks for the comments guys!!!

As for the camera, I was playing with it and I did notice a white balance setting also and wondered about that. The odd thing is that it has both an AF (auto focus) mode and a CAF (continuous auto focus) mode. I have no clue of the difference but turned them both off. it did better but not great. I'll have to play around with that white balance too and see if I can get these lights from blending with each other so much. Thanks again for the comments and also the camera help. I even thought about getting a different camera but would hate to have it be as simple as taking time and just playing with each setting more and more.

As for the camera, I was playing with it and I did notice a white balance setting also and wondered about that. I'll have to play around with that white balance too and see if I can get these lights from blending with each other so much.

if you have it, you can also play with the aperture setting..and not let so much ight into the camera..that would help the "lights from blending"..but of course make everything behind the lights (like your house) very dark...

Edited by jimswinder

I loved the song mix. Fun change of tempo. Was it tough splitting the song and running the sequences with the beat changes?

I loved the song mix. Fun change of tempo. Was it tough splitting the song and running the sequences with the beat changes?

it really wasn't that bad. I just did each section one at a time (arches, tree, CCR's, and yard decorations) and once I got the basic beat down just used that as a reference for the rest. It did (as I imagine all songs do) take a lot of listening to the same part at half speed over and over and over and nudging the events left or right a bit, but overall wasn't that bad. I used audacity to split the songs up and just inserted that static part between them.

Thanks for all the comments and especially the camera tips. I didn't realize this, but like I posted earlier, the camera I'm using has both an auto-focus and continuous auto focus setting. I turned both of them off and what a difference!! So looks like I have a little bit of re-editing to do. LOL. I'm going to try the white balance adjustment and see if I can get it even better, but so far what a huge difference from just turning off those settings. Thanks again.

• The topic was locked