Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie making sure I got it right, probably not! LOL

oilmoney

Hi everyone! So i've been trying to put a last minute show together and have had my share of dead ends and eureka moments. I like the latter better! I'm just looking for clarification on my networks before I get too far into this....This is what I've got....

On my 16 channel controller which i've dedicated unit 01:

Channels 1-6 are for my star

Channels 7-16 are just various light strings etc, simple straightforward stuff.

Now is where I'm lost, LOL. For my CCR mega tree the 12 CCR's I designated the following:

CCR # 1 unit # 2

CCR # 2 unit # 3

CCR # 3 unit # 4

CCR # 4 unit # 5

CCR 5 unit 6

CCR 6 unit 7

After reading that you shouldn`t run more than 6 CCR`s on the same network I switched to auxillary A with these settings.....

CCR 7 unit A08

CCR 8 A09

9 A0A

10 A0B

11 A0C

12 A0D

For my cosmic flood I used Auxillary A, unit 0E, circuits 1-5 for RGB and strobe on, strobe off respectively.

I also still have a CCB sign to build and add to the network. I`m assuming that you`d enter it the same as a CCF but haven`t even researched it yet. So after typing all this out my questions are, and theres a few, LOL

1. ) Does anybody see any major screwups or have any suggestions on how i should clean this up a bit.

2 ) When assigning an auxillary channel does this actually mean that I have to run another cat 5E or with everything daisy chained together does it just know where to goÉ

3 ) Does it appear that I even have my channels set up rightÉ

4 ) Who knows how to change my keyboard back so it makes a question mark when I press the keyÉÉÉ LOL

Thanks in advance everyone. The learning is slow going but with every new discovery it get a little easier and alot more fun. I`m definately hooked. Looking forward to the new years sale!!! :)

Thanks again

Chad

When assigning a 2nd (or 5th) network, you need to have another USB485 adapter with a CAT 5 running to the controllers on that network.

If you have two networks, you will have two USB485's running to two sets of controllers.

Does that still apply If im using the standalone mp3? I do have a spare USB485 adapter if need be.