Light-O-Rama Forums

GE energy smart LED lights

docbass06

I have a few sets of GE energy smart LED lights bought fro Lowes. I read on another forum that ECOsmart leds from home depot don't dim well and in fact may catch fire. Any body know the scoop on the GE energysmart brand? do they dim well and function ok with LOR? Just planning for next year and whether to buy in bulk after the holidays.

I actually replaced my LED lights from Home Depot with the Lowes GE LED brand,

have they now twinkle, shimmer and fade..

Happy Days

Lou

They have 3 kinds of GE LEDs at Lowes: Blue Box, Green Box (may favs and work and dim well, also can take multi color apart and make solid colors) and GE ECOsmart.

Thank you

Michael

GEs from Lowes work fine with LOR. I am interested to see how long they last though.

I have the GE LED Icicle lights and have been using them for 2 years without a single bulb out or issue. And I have 20 strings inline...

I have the GE LED Icicle lights and have been using them for 2 years without a single bulb out or issue. And I have 20 strings inline...

Now that I think of it all of my Icicle lights are GE brand. I threw out a few sets this year but I think they were about 4 years old, and for at least 1 year they stayed up all summer.

Edited by m1ke05