Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie -- CCR/Color Fading

egrif

Okay, I received my CCR. Now what? Can I incorporated it into my regular musical sequences? If so, how? Should I use it only in superstar or can I program it in the sequence editor, as I am sequencing my song.

Also, what is color fading? Again, can this be done with my CCR, c-9s, c-7s and incans? If so, can I just follow the LOR tutorial to figure it out? I have a string of c-7s that have red, magenta, yellow, blue and green lights. Can I sequence them to just light up the red, etc., only on that string?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I'm trying to figure out the CCR and how to up the ante, so to speak on my already existing show.

You guys have been wonderful. Thanks so much.

Okay, I received my CCR. Now what? Can I incorporated it into my regular musical sequences?

**Yes**

If so, how?

**That is entirely up to you...I would think you had some idea how you were going to use it before you bought it, right?**

Should I use it only in superstar or can I program it in the sequence editor, as I am sequencing my song.

**The Superstar program is more for Multiple CCR's...do you have more than one? Yes, you can sequence it in your Sequence Editor. Right mouse over your last Channel Button and click on Insert Device>Insert Device Below, then fill out the Add Device menu.**

I have a string of c-7s that have red, magenta, yellow, blue and green lights. Can I sequence them to just light up the red, etc., only on that string?

**No...you would need each bulb to be wired individually so you could control each bulb..or each set of bulbs in that color**

Edited by jimswinder
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot. Yes, I was going to use them for arches. But, alas, it's too late to build any, so I was thinking of wrapping my brick pole in foil and wrapping the CCR around the pole, along with some lighted poinsettas and a string of white and green lights.

**The Superstar program is more for Multiple CCR's...do you have more than one? Yes, you can sequence it in your Sequence Editor. Right mouse over your last Channel Button and click on Insert Device>Insert Device Below, then fill out the Add Device menu.**

I only have one CCR for now.

Can I program the CCR to do the color fading, so I at least get the different colors that way?

Can I program the CCR to do the color fading, so I at least get the different colors that way?

Yes, A CCR will do color fades, I suggest you read the CCR Manual:

http://www.lightoram...xel_Man_Web.pdf

Color fades is on Page 27...

Edited by jimswinder

Also, how do I copy music into a sequence?

You are asking some pretty basic questions...have you read the manual yet? :o

I too have a single CCR. I'm using it for mostly one tune but also used it in others as I was learning how to program it. There is a learning curve and seriously, I need to go back to the video tutorials on it. In my case, its an arch as well, this year. Essentially, I program it using SuperStar, then export to a *lms.sup file per the instructions. The sequence editor can see this new file. Open that new file and the formal file you wish to get things into, then copy from the sup file to your main one. The single CCR arch was truly simple. Just a pvc tube achored in the ground with two rebar sections and zip-tied the ccr to the pvc(lightly). Works very well for me right now. Following the season this year, I'll go back, review the video tutorials again and learn a lot more about programming it then possible acquire more of them for next year at one of the year's LOR sales events.

Open that new file and the formal file you wish to get things into, then copy from the sup file to your main one.

Actually, I think there is a simpler and "cleaner" way and that is adding your .sup file to your main sequence as a "Sub-Sequence".

To do this just add a new Channel below all your other Channel Buttons in your main sequence. (right mouse button over last channel and click on Insert Channel>Insert Channel Below. Double click on the new Channel...give it a new name (IE "Sub Sequence"), then under the "Device Type" drop down menu pick the last choice "Sequence"... then under "Sequence", browse and add your .sup file. This is now your sub sequence and will play when your main sequence plays via your show...

Very handy and does not add hundreds of channels (if you have multiple CCR's) to your main sequence

Edited by jimswinder