Light-O-Rama Forums

quick question

paralegalnc

cuz it's on my brain... and I don't have time to research it and I don't have my lap top with the software on it...

I know I can do a sequence...yadda yadda upload song... blah blah...turn on lights.... but what I want to know is.... is there a way to insert a song...but not at the beginning?? what I want is to have like the lights on....... for a bit.... then have a song/audio come on.... just before the actual "show". sorta like during an intermission...but the sequence will be like 10 minutes long (filler sequence) but I want the song to come in at like minute 6... can I do that? if so...how?

Sounds like you need to create two "shows"..one show for your animation and then another for your musical and schedule them appropriately...

or create your own "audio file" with 4 minutes of silence in front of your 6 minute song for a 10 minute audio file and sequence to that...

Edited by jimswinder

well I did do an animation file... with the lights steady on for 10 minutes..... but how do I "insert" the mp2 file (just the song) into it at say minute 7? without making one big 10 minute audio file?

well I did do an animation file... with the lights steady on for 10 minutes..... but how do I "insert" the mp2 file (just the song) into it at say minute 7? without making one big 10 minute audio file?

you can't using LOR...download this free software called Audacity and the LAME file...use it to make a new audio file

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

LAME File

http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/faq_installation_and_plug_ins.html#lame

Why not just include both songs in the startup section of your show. First an animation file that's 7 minutes long (or whatever length you want) and then, a musical sequence that's 3 minutes long (or whatever). This should serve the same purpose, unless I'm not understanding completely.

Edited by Aaron Maue

Like Jim said, create a silent MP3 and insert it in front of the song, creating one 10 minute MP3 file, then creating one long musical sequence using your modified MP3,, or create two sequences, a 6 minute animation, then the musical sequence. These are the only two ways I know that it can be done.

Edited by Orville