Light-O-Rama Forums

Strange error...has this happened to you?

chowell

Very strange error here. In my wizards of winter sequence which I have had now for five years, the sequencing appears to be correct. I have 10 candy canes that line my driveway. At a certain point in the song they are turned off in the sequence. When I play the sequence in the old visualizer, everything appears correct. However, when I play it in the new visualizer, these canes are chasing even though they are not turned on in the sequence. How can this be? Even stranger, this is how it is actually playing outside in the show. These canes are chasing although they are not even turned on inside the sequence. I am stumped here! I have checked my channel configuration and everything is correct. If there is nothing turned on in the sequence editor, how in the world is it turning on outside?

Thanks in advance.

Corey

Are you using your controllers to turn on any motors?

Move the CAT5 cable away from the extension cords?

It is a stand alone program in the lightorama start menu folder. It will start with your schedule, inspecting all the shows that are scheduled, and the sequences within them to look for common configuration errors. Many may not be any real issue, like channels that are never used, and channels with no hardware defined.

But errors for duplicated channels can easily lead to exactly the issue you are having, and can tell you where your duplication exists. One of the common ways to have duplication is to have added channels in two tracks, then assigned them to the same unit and channel. The correct way to have the same unit and channel in two tracks is to have used the copy to track command, or to have duplicated the track in its entirety.