Light-O-Rama Forums

Its true, Martha Stuart LEDs fail

Herbaclaus

I had ordered a BUNCH last year before I was on these forums. Probably 50 boxes of 70 count. Basically a ton.

As people have described, they dont dim or twinkle like my others do.

Geeez. Oh well. Ive sequenced around them but just an FYI for others that may still be out there.

The good news, if you want to call it that, is that those lights are ones that people in this hobby will ordinarily use up and get out of their inventory quickly. Best thing to do is give them away to a relative or friend who will only do static things with them.

Yeah, I made the mistake of buyng 6 boxes of them last year. They are still in the boxes. Now having said that, if you have items you are only going to turn fully on/off, they are just fine. So in your display, if you have items that will be sequenced that way, use them since you have them. However, if you have the receipt, suggest you return them and buy something else.

I have a lot of non-dimmable strings. I purchased them prior to doing LOR. Using them with a MR. C. was not an issue. Now, like others, I simply program around them. Not every element has to have the ability to dim. Besides, they are warm white (Yuck), so I use them sparingly as they look strange when I have them on at the same time as my cool white LEDs.

-RainyOregonChristmas