Light-O-Rama Forums

keeping the mini's straight

craigecooper

this has probably been discussed but not seeing it. looking for best practice (simple and quick) to mount mini lights and keep them straight around windows, doors / garage doors.

thanks,

Craig

I have vinyl siding on my house and I actually use the trim around the windows, doors, and corners to keep my mini lights straight

• Like 1

1/2“ pvc ? .. Was wondering about a long double window ... guess it would require multiple mounting points across the top to prevent sag ?

1/2“ pvc ? .. Was wondering about a long double window ... guess it would require multiple mounting points across the top to prevent sag ?

use 3/4" PVC and yes I use three mounting point for double window.

Yeah I have 2 tripel windows downstairs. Even nailed and all it looks average. Next year Im gonna pvc them all and straighten em up.

you guys putting 45 degree pvc supports in the corners ? .. or just straight rectangles ? like this ? .. wondering whether a T with 45 even exists in pvc

-----------------------

| / \ |

| \ / |

-----------------------

I built PVC frames for each of my windows, and zip tied the lights to them. I made them just a bit (1/4) smaller than the actual window opening in the brick. Then I used wedges to make them really tight. That way I didn't have to put any holes, screws, etc. into my brick, siding, or the windows. They will be simple to take down, and will store flat on a platform above my car in the garage. On one big window, the PVC sagged, so I put an upright in the PVC frame, right in line with the dividers in the window itself. Hope that makes sense.

Dang you CKS! Dang you all to heck. :D Where were you back about 5 yrs ago? That was a Duh for me when you mentioned you used wedges to keep the PVC frame in your brick window opening. I drilled and installed anchors in my bricks. Sure they are on the side where they are not that visible. But I do like your way much better. Will have to keep this in mind if I do the living rm window in the future.

I have siding also, use this to keep the lights straight

http://www.homedepot...bead-00704.html

zip tie lights to the corner bead (lights straight), slide whole assembly under/over edges on siding;

sometimes have to mount corner bead with small screw and zip tie(fill hole with clear outdoor caulking so no water gets in)

Makes it easy to set up and take down; did all my roof edges and windows this way