Light-O-Rama Forums

Music without animations or lights

mcmpros

How can I still have music playing (FM transmitter) after shows have stopped and during daylight hours when no show is running? The show editor seems to only allow for sequences to be played, really don't want to build static sequences for all my MP3s on the computer. Thanks for any help I know there has to be a work around just not sure how to get there.

If you're using a PC, Zara Radio, if you're using an DC-MP3 Showtime Director then you would have to create a sequence for each MP3 file to be played. So for those using MP3 Directors that want to do this, this is the easiest way to do it.

#1. Create a New MUSICAL Sequence

#2. Select your MP3 {music file}

#3. When the pop up box comes up, select the option to enter a channel count, enter 1 in the box.

#4. Click the single channel button and select an active controller in your display, this can be ANY controller, but at least ONE controller must be active in the network. Leave all the cells empty, channel OFF {no lights on}.

#5. Once the waveform or sequence has opened, Export it as Off-Hours-xxx-Music, where xxx would be the holiday, i.e. Halloween, Christmas, 4th July, etc.

#6. Save your single channel sequence in a folder you choose {I use FM-OFF HOURS MUSIC, and have subfolders for Halloween, Christmas, Personal, etc.}

Now you can set the LOR SE to default to this 1 channel config file while working on your OFF HOURS music {again, this method is for MP3 Director units only!}

Now you just select new musical sequence, select MP3 to play, have the SE default to the 1 channel config and save the sequence with the song name. Since I have several versions of the same song, I save my sequences with a number preceeding the song name, i.e. 01 Let It Snow, 02 We Wish You A Merry Christmas.....22 Let It Snow....70 Feliz Navidad.

Once you have all your single channel musical off hours sequences done, open the LOR Hardware Utility and click the MP3 tab, select the 1 channel off hours sequences to play, select play continuously and save your show.

If using the DC-MP3 Showtime DIrector with real time clock, this is how my current show operates:

5pm-12:00am Monday-Friday: Show 01 {main light show}

12:00am-6:55am Monday-Friday Show 02 {Overnight Lights - NO MUSIC!, but use a dummp/silent 19 second MP3 file.}

6:55am-6:59am Monday-Friday Show 03 {Turns Off ALL overnight lights, also uses the dummy/silent MP3 file.}

7:00am-4:55pm Monday-Friday Show 04 {70 1 channel sequences that play Christmas Music and/or announcements about the display during daylight hours.}

If using a mini director on a timer, providing your timer is capable of multiple time settings, just set your timer accordingly.

Hope this may help someone using the MP3 Directors.

Edited by Orville