Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie's attempt

zing

If it wasn't for the forums and a lot of patience I don't think I could have done it. Oh and programming max for me was 2hours a day, anymore and I wanted to fire the computer out the window. You can only listen to a song so many times at half speed. (the video quality isn't great, but everything you see there is LED's)

very nice use of 16 channels. Nothing not to be proud of. If you want help cleaning up the audio, send me a message Ill do it happily for you.

Current trend is the newbs raising the bar on the hobby. Love your video and your house. Can't wait to see what you do with more channels!

Nice! That's a lot of light for a 16 channel show.

Go big, or go home is my moto.

Current trend is the newbs raising the bar on the hobby. Love your video and your house. Can't wait to see what you do with more channels!

Thanks, I don't even know what i'm going to do yet. I'm debating on doing firesticks up each column, or doing a couple of archs (not sure if i'll be happy with the performance of LED's on those), perhaps a MegaTree...

You've done a great job building drama as the song progresses. It's too easy to fall into the trap of using all the lights, all the time which leaves nothing to be surprised by. Starting with smaller elements like you've done and then including more and more through the song is very effective at keeping audiences engaged. Well done!

As for next year, if you're deciding between arches or a mega-tree I would say the tree. NOTHING keeps people talking about your display like a mega-tree and there are lots of ways you can set one up. (Which means that you can keep surprising people year after year with just minor changes. Arches make great accents but don't have nearly the impact.

For sure!!! Well done and thanks for sharing!!! Very inspiring to see what you have done with 16 channels!! Give yourself a pat on the back and throw back a beer! Cheers!

You've done a great job building drama as the song progresses. It's too easy to fall into the trap of using all the lights, all the time which leaves nothing to be surprised by. Starting with smaller elements like you've done and then including more and more through the song is very effective at keeping audiences engaged. Well done!

As for next year, if you're deciding between arches or a mega-tree I would say the tree. NOTHING keeps people talking about your display like a mega-tree and there are lots of ways you can set one up. (Which means that you can keep surprising people year after year with just minor changes. Arches make great accents but don't have nearly the impact.

Thanks for the great feedback. I'll look into the creation of a mega-tree. I have limited storage space (stupid raised ranch), so I want to make sure it's not going to be a huge pain when it comes time to re-create for the following years. I've always found the arches to be friggen cool looking.

• The topic was locked