Light-O-Rama Forums

Planning a show

ranjanpa

I have a sequence of 5 songs which will run for about 16 odd minutes. I want the show to run once every half hour. What suggestion do you have for the balance 14 minutes. Should I have an animation run or should I have all the lights on. If there is animation, then how do the viewers know that this is a filler and that the actual show will begin in some time. What do you do as a best practice? thanks for answering

I have the shows loop. Saves a lot of aggravation on this end and it accomodates people at whatever time they might drive by.

I have a sign posted that tells visitors that the show plays 3 songs every half hour. I don't have a transmitter to broadcast announcements. The display does slow color changes when the music isn't going.

I have a sequence of 5 songs which will run for about 16 odd minutes. I want the show to run once every half hour. What suggestion do you have for the balance 14 minutes. Should I have an animation run or should I have all the lights on. If there is animation, then how do the viewers know that this is a filler and that the actual show will begin in some time. What do you do as a best practice? thanks for answering

I run a continuous show that is about 45 minutes.

People don't show up for these things at particular times and I fine most people don't stay for a whole sequence-but some do.

What would be the advantage of leaving a break? I think most people just loop the sequence.

Like others, I just loop the show. When I first started I tried to run it every 15 minutes, but it was just too hard to time, and people were getting confused and driving off. Ever since the 2nd year (being doing it for 7) I've just looped the show. People like that, can come and go as they please, and it's easier on me...just set it and forget it. :-)

This year we are running a pair of shows at specific times (7 & 8) that are thirty minutes long. Since this our first animated Christmas, we didn't know what to expect crowd wise. More and more I am seeing cars pulling up at the end of a show, and am running a show on demand once or twice an evening. We are consistently getting two to three cars per show, sometimes more. For the remainder of the season, we are considering a show at 7:30 & 8:30 in addition to the original two.

Next year we are taking a different approach. We'll have a show loop at 7:00 and another loop at 8:00, each just shy of an hour. the shows will have a different set of songs with the 7:00 geared more for the younger kids. The 8:00 will contain more pop culture type songs (still family friendly).

Setup can be made to be whatever works best for your situation, and modified on the fly.