Light-O-Rama Forums

another newbie question...(yes..again!lol)

b8man0674

ok gang, i have finally got things going and my schedule is working properly now...thx for that help...now here is another question...how do you get your show to start when your computer is in sleep mode...for instance...my show starts at 6 pm if im home and have my computer active...but if i do not get here on time and my comp is a sleep the show will not come on until i wake up the comp...any ideas on how to get this to come alive on its own? thx so much

Thats what I do. I have windows 7 and just turn the Wifi off (so i dont get any updates) and put in lock mode so the kids can't get into it and screw something up.

Also, automated processes to backup drives and so on...you might want to turn them off. Mine crashed on me two days ago and I didn't know it for about 15 minutes. Computer couldn't talk to the backup drive all of a sudden and rebooted itself therefore killing the show. It was late so I just shut it all down. Using a "Mini-Director" would solve this issue for me but I've not bought one of those yet but looks like its going to be in the budget for next year's show.