Light-O-Rama Forums

aahhhhhh! too many things breaking

chipwdw

aahhhhhh!!!!! ok, this has been the year from hell for technical problems. VENTING!!!!!

1. replaced amp for outdoor speakers

2. power supply on show computer went out week before show starts

3. lots of bulbs burned out since getting put up -not huge but a PITA

4. had breaker trip twice during day, nothing was running except normal load, no lights!!!! havent figured this one out yet

5. had to repair 2 ext. cords - one thats burried across lawn, the other for spot lights which is also partially burried. they both are used all year. these both may or may not have met the hedge trimmers. whoops

6. possible issue with show computer- has delay in between sequences, occasional issue on music playback only. the thing is 13 years old- sat on floor for 3-4 yrs now in 5th year running LOR, and its getting tired but was hoping for one more year out it. was sched to be replaced this summer. so, computer guy looked at it and asked which replacement do i want to buy, nice huh?

7. now tonight... the frosty inflatable blower motor froze up and died. cant find replacement thats any cheeper then buying new one and replacing into current unit, because they dont make that one anymore. its the old claymation frosty, it looks awesome! new ones suck.

all this on top of adding arches - which are totally awesome- for the first time and dealing with new elements in show

ok, i am done venting. thanks for listening. i know these are all small things, but kinda all piled on at once for me.

but all this is worth it, met little girl that was begging her mother to come see the lights this year. she had the biggest smile when they pulled up. hope everyone is having a great season so far.

well it can hopefully only get better from here out. Good thing cord wasn't plugged in when you were trimming hedges... You wouldve found out sooner about the cord.. Hope you get some resolve to these issues!

Only issues I've encountered were had 2 channels on different controllers set to same set of lights, liked to drove me crazy until I finally looked at the channel config I printed out and found that problem. Other issues are mainly replacing burned out clear incandescent bulbs on my wireframe deer and on the baby sidewalk coro arches {4 of them = 1200 bulbs total}, and one of the coro arches had one section keep going off, but all bulbs were good, seems there is a bad wiring connection somewhere on this string, got it working and hope it'll continue through the season as it would be a real pain to have to replace that section of 50 bulbs.

Other than that, been going fairly well, although a couple of my quick beat wizard thrown together sequences look horrendous, and will try to make them look more presentable as I can. So for now, they look like Christmas Lights on Super Steroids on those two particular sequences. ROFL

that has to suck but hey it could all be for a reason. Had this e-mailed to me today thought it might fit this issue. :)

Me: God, can I ask you a question?

God: Sure.

Me: Promise you won't get mad?

God: I promise.

Me: Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?

God: What do you mean?

Me: Well, I woke up late.

God: Yes.

Me: My car took forever to start.

God: Okay.

Me: At lunch they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait.

God:Hmmm.

Me: On the way home my phone went dead just as I picked up a call.

God: Okay.

Me: And on top of all that, when I got home I just wanted to soak my

feet in my new foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work!!! Nothing

went right today! Why did you do that?

God: Well, let me see. The Death Angel was at your bed this morning

and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life.

I let you sleep through that.

Me: (humbled): OH...

GOD: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your

route that would have hit you if you were on the road.

Me: (ashamed)

God: The person who made your first sandwich today was sick and I didn't

want you to catch what he has. I knew you couldn't afford to miss work.

Me:(embarrassed): Ok...

God: Your phone went dead because the person who was calling was

going to give false witness about what you said during that call. I

didn't even let you talk to them so that you would be covered.

Me: (softly) I see, God.

God: Oh, and that foot massager had a short that was going to throw

out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted

to be in the dark.

Me: I'm sorry God.

God: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me in all things, the good and the bad.

Me: I will trust you.

God: And don't doubt that MY plan for your day is always better than your plan.

Me: I won't, God. And let me just tell you God, thank you for everything today.

God: You're welcome, child. It was just another day being your God, and I love looking after my children.

Edited by dknahoolewa

It will get better Chip. I will look later and see if I have a motor in the shed, what kind is it??

it was for a gemmy 5.5', listed as 120v 60hz .48amp 29 watt. found few replacements online, but were used. found new at grainger like places were all about $30, plus then have to "fit" into place, so went to lowes and got the cheapest one about that size and about to go fix frosty. thanks for listening everyone. sometimes a good vent to those who understand makes it all better. pete, keep those old motors around, i told the guys at lowes to keep any they get returned and i will get them. i am looking at trying to head up by you one night in the next 2 weeks, PM me if they are any better or worse dates for me to pay a visit.

later all, time to 'fix' the new inflatable....hahaha

chip

• The topic was locked